Barbeques in the summer with family and friends is a well-kept tradition. Laughter, giggles, and lip-smacking foods are the foundation of countless amazing memories. However, it’s not just memories that become countless. Calories- a unit of energy by definitions, is undesirable for those conscious of their body weight.
So how do you balance BBQ parties and calories while living life to the fullest? At Radical Body Transformations, we don’t exchange fitness for the bland taste. Is a life without juicy smoked-salmon, grilled to perfection with herbs worth it? We don’t think so!
Make barbeques fun and healthy with our quick guide! We’re breaking down the code to fun summer grill healthy recipes. Dining outside is harmful to health anyway.
Keep reading till the end, to unlock all the cooking secrets. Your recipes will be the star of the party- guaranteed!
Here are some quick tips on cooking for barbeques. Before we get to our low-carb recipes, let’s see how we can plan better food recipes.
Don’t just stick with steak
That’s right! You don’t have to limit your food options to steak. There are so many kabobs, platters, and vegan grilled dishes you can cook. Spoil your guests for choices with a twist!
Be bold with colors
We humans eat with our eyes first. What pleases the eyes, appeals to the tummy. You can cook low-calorie desserts or serve cocktails dressed with herbs from your garden! Make the dinner plate a vibrant color rainbow, with fruits, exotic sweets, and more. We’re coming to the recipes soon.
Do it yourself
The best way to save money is to keep it in your wallet. Look for homegrown herbs. If you receive plenty of sunlight, you can make your garden. Make your salad dressings! Just use a dash of lemon, some yogurt sauces, or garlic. It’s as easy as ABC.
Stick to protein and vegetables
Try more than one protein. Incorporate tofus, or vegetables mix in your platter. We positively advocate smoked and grilled vegetables with cheese oozing out of it in a balanced proportion.
Eating slowly while savoring every bite is a mindful eating practice. Feel the after taste lingers on your taste palate buds. Although food is the star of barbeques, take a moment to appreciate your company.
You’ll find the food tastier. And, you’ll also be conscious and mindful of your serving portions.
Tasty low-calorie barbecue recipes for the health cautious
We’re confident all this “food talk” is elevating your appetite. Let’s cut to the chase and learn more about these healthy BBQ recipes. We are also mentioning for each recipe, the following for your ease:
- Calorie count
- Protein content
Chicken and veggie kebabs
- 2 (1 pound) sliced chicken breasts.
- Two large and sliced bell peppers.
- 1/2 red and chopped onion.
- One sliced zucchini.
- Marinade for the chicken:
- 1/4 Keto BBQ sauce.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in the Keto sauce, whip up then add in the chicken breasts. Toss properly to combine the let the chicken marinate for about two hours or more. Use a sharp knife to chop the vegetables into smaller pieces then set aside.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high then grease the grates. Thread the chicken and veggies alternately onto skewers, place on the preheated grill and grill the kebabs for a few minutes until cooked through, serve.
Low carb shrimp kebabs
- 1 lb. of peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Himalayan pink salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- One teaspoon of dried oregano.
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- One tablespoon of chopped parsley for serving.
- For Lemon butter sauce:
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- One tablespoon of melted ghee (or butter).
- One tablespoon of garlic.
- One tablespoon of garlic.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high then grease the grates with oil. Using a large mixing bowl, add in the shrimp, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and two teaspoons parsley then toss properly to combine. Thread the seasoned shrimps on skewers then set aside.
- Using another mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the lemon butter then mix properly to combine. Brush the shrimp skewers with the sauce, add to the preheated oven and grill the shrimps for about three to four minutes.
- Flip over and grill the shrimps for an additional three to four minutes until cooked through, serve with parsley. Make sure you brush with the lemon sauce as you grill.
- For the salmon:
- 1 1/2 lbs. of sliced salmon fillet.
- Olive oil.
- For the seasoning:
- 1/4 cup of garlic powder.
- 1/4 cup of kosher salt to taste.
- 1/4 cup of dried parsley.
- 1/4 cup of dried minced onion.
- 1/4 cup of dried basil.
- Using a small mixing bowl, add in the garlic powder, parsley, onion, basil, and salt to taste then mix properly to combine. Use a sharp knife to slice the salmon into four parts, coat each salmon with one teaspoon of oil, add to the bowl with the seasoning then toss properly to combine.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat, add in the seasoned salmon and cook for about five minutes. Flip the fish over and cook for another five minutes until it is cooked through and flakes with a fork, serve.
Desserts and cocktails: bonus recipes
Mixed berry smoothie
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk.
- 1/4 cup (25g) of a mixture of raspberry,
- strawberry, blackberry, and blueberry.
- One teaspoon of erythritol sweetener.
- 2-3 cubes of ice.
Using a food processor or a high-speed blender, add in all the ingredients on the list then blend until the mixture becomes smooth, serve.
- Three cups of almond flour.
- Four tablespoons of coconut flour.
- One tablespoon of baking powder.
- One teaspoon of sea salt to taste.
- One teaspoon of baking soda.
- 3/4 cup of erythritol.
- Seven tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
- Three large eggs.
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- 2/3 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a twelve-well muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside. Using a mixing bowl, add in the dry ingredients on the list then mix properly to combine. In another mixing bowl, add in the sweetener coconut oil, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla then beat with an electric hand mixer until everything incorporates.
- Next, add the mixed dry ingredients, fold in the berries, and then let the mixture stand for about five minutes. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan’s wells, place it into the preheated oven, and bake the muffins for about fifteen minutes.
We have hundreds of other recipes on rbtshow.com! Check them out. All the food recipes in the ebook are low-calorie, low-carb, and makes for a scrumptious meal!