5 Recipes for Diabetes Management
It can get confusing when it comes to choosing the right food to manage your diabetes, and sometimes we fail to suppress our cravings and end up eating high-carb and unhealthy meals. (Let’s not even talk about the guil-trip that follows later!)
But, what if I told you that you can eat delicious food while keeping your diabetes at bay? It sounds like a miracle, but it isn’t. There are a lot of flawed notions when it comes to diabetes meals, and therefore, we decided to bust your myths and offer you recipes that are nutritious yet mouth-watering!
Here are our top 5 picks.
You can use this tasty dish for your breakfast or brunch meal to get your daily requirement of protein. Do you know that protein helps reduce fat and gain muscles? You can serve this omelet with a brown bread toast and a bowl of fresh fruits.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Small-sized potatoes (peeled and sliced) x 5
- Medium-sized onions (minced) x ½
- Small-sized zucchini (sliced) x 1
- Green and red peppers (thinly sliced) x 1 ½
- Medium-sized mushrooms (sliced) x 5
- Whole eggs (beaten) x 3
- Egg whites (beaten) x 5
- Pepper, salt, and herbs to taste
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) x 3 ounces
- Reduced-fat parmesan cheese x 1 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Add vegetable pray in a non-stick skillet and warm at medium heat.
- Add minced onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add vegetables and sauté until tender.
- Take a bowl, beat the eggs, and add salt, pepper, and mozzarella cheese. Add this mixture to the vegetables.
- Take an ovenproof skillet, spray the vegetable oil, and transfer the egg mixture and potatoes to the pan.
- Sprinkle the pan with parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes, until firm and brown.
- Remove omelet from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into five pieces, and it’s ready to serve.
Whether you want to have a light lunch or a tasty snack, you can have an avocado taco anytime you want. Packed with essential B vitamins and goodness, Avocado Tacos can be a great addition to your diet. Accompany the tacos with tomato salsa to get a lip-smacking experience!
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Medium-sized onion (thin strips) x 1
- Large-sized green peppers (thin strips) x 2
- Large-sized red peppers (thin strips) x 2
- Fresh cilantro (finely chopped) x 1 cup
- Avocado (peeled, seeded, cut into 12 slices) x 1
- Flour tortillas (10” diameter) x 12
Tomato Salsa Ingredients
- Tomatoes (diced) x 1 cup
- Onions (diced) x ½ cup
- Garlic (minced) x ½ clove
- Cilantro x 2tsp.
- Jalapeño peppers, (chopped) x ½ tsp
- Lime juice x ½ tsp.
- A pinch of cumin
- Take all the salsa ingredients and mix them. Once done, refrigerate it.
- Spray the vegetable oil on the pan.
- Add the onions and red and green peppers into the pan and sauté.
- Warm tortillas in the oven and fill with the sauteed onions and peppers. Then add the avocado and salsa.
- Fold the tortillas and garnish with cilantro.
When it comes to health and taste, fruits can offer you both. A bowl of this colorful meal is not only aesthetically pleasing, but it is also the perfect way to take your taste buds on a trip to heaven!
- Fat-free, sugar-free orange yogurt x 8 ounces
- Medium-sized strawberries (cut into halves) x 5
- Honeydew melon (sliced) x 3 ounces OR ½ cup cut into cubes
- Cantaloupe melon (sliced) x 3 ounces OR ½ cup cut into cubes
- Mango, (peeled, seeded, cut into cubes) x 1
- Papaya (peeled, seeded, cut into cubes) x 1
- Watermelon (seeded, sliced) x 3 ounces OR ½ cup cut into cubes
- Oranges (seeded, sliced) x 2
- Unsweetened orange juice x ½ cup
- Take all the fruits and add them into a single bowl.
- Add the yogurt and mix it.
- Pour the unsweetened orange juice over the mixture.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
Cuban Beans and Brown Rice
Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, brown rice is a great option to incorporate into your diet. This classic bean and rice recipe will fulfill your desire to eat something delicious yet healthy.
- Olive oil x 1 tbsp
- Garlic (minced) x 1-2 clove
- Onion (chopped) x 1 cup
- Green bell pepper (diced) x 1 cup
- Cooked black beans x 3 cups
- Low-sodium chicken broth x 2 cups
- Vinegar x 1 tbsp
- Dried oregano x ½ tbsp
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cooked brown rice x 3 cups
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the garlic, onion, and green bell peppers into the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until golden-brown.
- Add the beans, chicken broth, vinegar and top it with seasoning.
- Let it boil and then lower to simmer. Cover it and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve with brown rice.
The sweetness of mangos combined with savory peppers and topped a zest of lime makes it a scrumptious and flavourful appetizer. You can serve this salsa with chips or crackers for a tasty snack.
- Medium-sized mango (peeled, chopped) x 1
- Green bell pepper (chopped) x ¼ cup
- Green onion (chopped) x 1
- Lime juice x 1-2 tbsp
- Peel the mango and remove the seed.
- Chop it and add it to a bowl.
- Add the green bell peppers, green onion, and lime juice into the bowl and mix it well.
- Serve the appetizer with baked tortilla chips or crackers.
And these were our top recipes to help you eat tasty and healthy meals at the same time. Do try these recipes to manage your diabetes. You can also use these meals if you wish to lose weight. Start doing some easy home-workouts and follow these recipes to reach your fitness goals!
You can also ask us questions in the comments below and we’ll help you with your queries.
If you require any assistance, we are here for you. You can approach our Radical Body Transformations experts, who can help you in any way you need with personalized suggestions tailored for you!