Do You Know Fenugreek Helps in Losing Weight?
When it comes to weight loss, we often try many home remedies to lose those extra pounds. However, most of them don’t work, and we fail miserably.
Sustainable weight loss calls for an active lifestyle and a balanced diet. However, if you need something to kickstart your weight loss journey and boost your metabolism, you’re just at the right place.
This article will discuss a miraculous kitchen ingredient that will help you achieve a toned body and accomplish your fitness goals.
Without further ado, let’s discuss how Fenugreek helps in losing weight.
Fenugreek for Weight Loss
This wonder spice contains a water-soluble component called Galactomannan, which helps in suppressing appetite. Its high-quality fiber content also helps boost digestion, cut your belly fat, and improve insulin activity in your body, which is essential for weight loss. For these reasons, this spice is also beneficial for people who have diabetes.
So, how does it cause weight loss?
Experts say that consuming Fenugreek generates heat in your body, which facilitates weight loss. If you wish to take your weight loss journey seriously, then you need to include Fenugreek in your diet. The best part is that you can consume it in various ways. Let’s have a look at each of them.
Tea brewed with Fenugreek seeds not only helps in weight loss but also keeps all the health-related problems at bay. It can manage diabetes, obesity, constipation and promote kidney and heart health. Sounds great, doesn’t it? Let’s look at the procedure to make a hot cup of Fenugreek tea.
- Take one teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds and crush it with a blender till they turn into a powder.
- Boil one cup of water and add the Fenugreek powder.
- Cover the lid and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and consume hot.
Fenugreek Morning Drink
This miraculous morning drink will eliminate your belly fat! It will also help reduce LDL cholesterol and make you feel less hungry throughout the day.
All you need to do is soak one tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds in 250 ml of water and keep it overnight. Heat this glass of water the next morning and drink it on an empty stomach. You can eat the soaked seeds as it is or add them into salads. Do this for a minimum of 21 days to see visible results.
Your weight-loss journey can never be effective unless you include healthy meals in your diet. Adding fenugreek sprouts as a meal option can serve both your purposes – consuming a healthy meal and incorporating Fenugreek in your diet. Fenugreek sprouts will help you with your daily intake of essential nutrients and vitamins. The best part is that the sprouts taste good and are easier to digest too!
- Wash Fenugreek seeds thoroughly.
- Add water and the seeds to a bowl and allow it to soak overnight.
- Drain the water the next morning and rinse the seeds well.
- Put the soaked seeds in a colander and keep them covered for three days (if you don’t have a colander, tie them in a muslin cloth and keep it in the kitchen.)
- Wash and drain the seeds once a day.
- After three days, you will notice that the seeds have sprouted.
- Keeping them for another 3-4 days will further grow the sprouts. (Do remember to wash them daily.)
- Once done, garnish the sprouts, and they’re ready to eat.
- Keep the remaining sprouts in the refrigerator, preferably in an airtight container (stays fresh up to a week.)
These were our top 3 ways to consume Fenugreek seeds to help you lose weight and improve your overall health.
However, do consult a dietician before making any major additions to your diet. If you are pregnant or are on medication, it is best advised to seek your doctor’s consultation.
If you require any assistance, we are here for you. You can approach our Radical Body Transformations experts, who can help you in any way you need with personalized suggestions tailored for you!
Note: This content provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your doctor.